Please note: This project is outdated and not developed any further.
This is PowerDNS Admin, a Grails based Web-UI tool, for managing DNS zones. It works with the PowerDNS DNS Server when using a MySQL or PostgreSQL backend. It requires a Java Servlet Container (eg. Tomcat or Jetty) to run. I started this project to learn Grails.
The web-interface is intentionally made as simple as possible, and I have tried to make it functional for mobile/touch devices.
PowerDNS Admin is still in early development and as such, it not suited for production yet. You are welcome to download the development version below and give it a try.
- 2014-02-19: PowerDNS_Admin-0.5 – updated to grails 2.3.6 and moved the external configuration file into “classpath”
Please see the PowerDNS Admin Wiki for installation instructions.
Missing before v1
- Option to enable/disable registrations by users
- Skinning of the user profile and settings pages
Roadmap / New Features
In no particular order…
- Proper IPv6 Support (validation issue)
- Status page displaying useful information
- Auto create/update reverse PTR records
- Support for bulk domain creation
- Support for domain templates
- DNSSec Support
- OpenID Support?